Guest on Freedom From Religion Foundation’s “Free Thought Matters” TV show the coming sunday is passionate about confronting and demystifying creationism.
Aron Ra, former Mormon turned atheist, activist and science teacher, is the author of The Fundamental Lies of Creationism. He has lectured and debated around the world and produced impactful YouTube videos on skepticism and atheism, including “Refuting the Irrefutable Proof of God” and “How Aron Ra Disproves Noah’s Flood.”
“Creationism isn’t so much a science issue,” he explains to “Free Thought Matters” co-host Dan Barker. “It’s not really a religious question either. It is always a political question; it’s always a way of manipulation and motivation and how to get the masses to do what they want.
If you don’t live in the top quarter of the country where the show airs on Sundays, you can watch the interview on the FFRF YouTube channel. New shows come up every Thursday. You can also receive notifications when we release new episodes of “Free Thought Matters” by subscribing to the playlist on the FFRF YouTube channel. https://ffrf.us/2LNLmuI
Upcoming shows will feature actor John de Lancie (who plays “Q” in the new “Star Trek: Picard” series), philosopher Daniel Dennett and award-winning best-selling novelist John Irving (The world according to Garp). This fall season already contains must-see interviews with Texan iconoclast Jim Hightower (who receives the Clarence Darrow Award from the FFRF at its annual convention), Professor Geoffrey Stone, expert on constitutional abortion rights, Professor Anthea Butler and Katherine Stewart, incisive commentators on white Christian nationalism and Washington Post atheist columnist Kate Cohen.
“Free Thought Matters” is broadcast in:
- ChicagoWPWR-CW (Ch. 50), Sundays at 9am
- denverKWGN-CW (Ch. 2), Sundays at 7am
- HoustonKIAH-CW (Ch. 39), Sundays at 11am
- Los AngelesKCOP-MY (Ch. 13), Sundays at 8:30 a.m.
- Madison, Wis.WISC-TV (Ch. 3), Sundays at 11 p.m.
- MinneapolisWFTC-29, Sundays at 7:30 a.m.
- New York CityWPIX-IND (Ch. 11), Sundays at 8:30 a.m.
- PhoenixKASW-CW (Ch. 61, or 6 or 1006 for HD), Sundays at 8:30 a.m.
- Portland, Oregon.KRCW-CW (Ch. 32), Sundays at 9 a.m. Comcast channel 703 for high definition, or Channel 3.
- SacramentoKQCA-MY (Ch. 58), Sundays at 8:30 a.m.
- San FranciscoKICU-IND (Ch. 36), Sundays at 10am
- Seattle, KONG-IND (Ch. 16 or Ch. 106 on Comcast). Sundays at 8 a.m.
- washington d.c.WDCW-CW (Ch. 50 or Ch. 23 or Ch. 3), Sundays at 8am
You can see interviews from previous seasons hereincluding with Gloria Steinem, Ron Reagan, Julia Sweeney and representatives Jared Huffman, Jamie Raskin, Hank Johnson and Eleanor Holmes Norton.
Please log in to “Free Thought Matters”. . . because free thought matters.
PS Please tune or record according to the times listed above, regardless of what is listed in your TV guide (it may just be listed as “paid programming” or even be mislabeled). To set up automatic weekly recording, try recording manually by time or by channel. And spread the word to your friends, family or fellow freethinkers about a TV show, finally, dedicated to providing programming for freethinkers – your Sunday morning antidote to religion!