Quotes from Swami Vivekananda: Swami Vivekananda was one of India’s greatest spiritual leaders. He inspired the youth of our nation to become better, leading lives of purity and setting an example for the world. Today, on the occasion of his death anniversary, we pay tribute to his wisdom, to the pillar of Indian spirituality that he was.
He was born under the name Narendra Nath Datta in Calcutta in British India on January 12, 1863. From an early age he developed a keen taste for religion, spirituality and monasticism. He was cultivated in many fields such as philosophy, religion, spirituality, literature and history.
In his youth he met an Indian mystic by the name of Ramakrishna Paramhansa, whose teachings truly captivated the young Narendra, and he later became his disciple. In 1893, at the request of Maharaja Ajit Singh, it took the name “Vivekananda”.
Here are some of his biggest quotes:
- “Worshiping God even for salvation or any other reward is also degenerate. Love knows no reward. Give your love to God, but do not ask for anything in return, even in prayer. “
- “GOD is to be worshiped as the beloved, dearer than anything in this life and in the next. “
- “There is nothing beyond God, and sensual pleasures are just something we go through now in the hopes of getting better things.”
- “When I asked God for peace, he showed me how to help others.”
- “Whatever you do, put your mind to it. If you are shooting, your mind should only be focused on the target. Then you will never run out. If you are learning your lessons, think only of the lesson. In India boys and girls are taught to do this.
- “You know, maybe I have to be born again, you see, I fell in love with mankind.”
- “In a nutshell, that ideal is that you are divine.”
- “The goal of humanity is knowledge… But this knowledge is inherent in man. No knowledge comes from outside: everything is inside. What we say that a man “knows” should, in strict psychological language, be what he “discovers” or “reveals”; what man “learns” is in reality what he discovers by removing the veil over his own soul, which is a mine of infinite knowledge.
- “It’s our own mental attitude that makes the world what it is to us. Our thinking makes things beautiful, our thoughts make things ugly. The whole world is in our own minds. Learn to see things in a good light. First, believe in this world… ”
- “GOD is the ever-active providence, whereby power systems after systems are evolved from chaos, made to run for a time, and destroyed again. “
- “We are responsible for who we are, and whatever we wish to be, we have the power to do it ourselves. If what we are now has been the result of our own past actions, it certainly follows that whatever we wish to be in the future can be produced by our present actions; it is therefore necessary to know how to act.
For more lifestyle news, follow us: Twitter: lifestyle_ie | Facebook: IE Lifestyle | Instagram: ie_lifestyle