Published on May 25, 2022 at 2:45 p.m.
Send your event information to email@example.com.
• Jim Thorpe Legion Post 304, William Diehm First Vice Commander, has planned the following events for Memorial Day weekend. All times are approximate. On Saturday, the Post will lay a wreath and say a prayer at the following war memorials: WWI Monument Memorial Park, 8:30 a.m.; WWII Monument North Street, 8:45 a.m.; Highway 903 Bridge, 9 a.m.; War Monument Hazard Square, 9:15 a.m.; West Broadway Vietnam War Monument, 9:30 a.m.; Korean War Memorial Diligent Fire Station, 9:45 a.m.; Liberties Hill Road Civil War Monument, 10 a.m.
• Township of Polk: Memorial Day event, 2 pm May 29 at the Trach Road Memorial and Interchange Road in Kresgeville. In the event of inclement weather, the event will be held indoors at Salem-St. The Paul Lutheran Church across the street.
• Nesquehoning: Members of the Nesquehoning VFW Post 8008 will perform commemorations in the city’s outlying cemeteries, beginning at noon. They will start at the Knauf Memorial on Broad Mountain and then continue to the cemeteries on the east end of town, the Memorial Sites and the New Columbus Cemetery. The final segment will be at the Hauto Memorial by the Hauto Fire Company. Each ceremony will begin with a prayer from a chaplain, followed by a salute from the honor guard and end with bugle calls.
• Jim Thorpe Legion Post 304 will visit the following cemeteries on Monday, with prayer, gun salutes and banging to each: Mauch Chunk Cemetery, Jim Thorpe, 8:30 am; Immaculate Church Cemetery, Jim Thorpe, 9 a.m.; Evergreen Cemetery, Jim Thorpe, 9:30 a.m.; St. Joseph Cemetery, Jim Thorpe, 10 a.m.; Christ Lutheran Church on Church Road, Penn Forest, 10:30 a.m.; Old Albrightsville Cemetery, Albrightsville, 10:45 a.m.; St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Albrightsville, Old Stage Road, 11 a.m. All times are approximate.
• Summit Hill Memorial Day Parade, May 30.
• Nesquehoning will host its annual parade by the UVO, starting on the east side of town at 8:30 am. The formation will begin at 8:00 a.m. on West Railroad Street and will begin descending Catawissa from 8:30 a.m. sharp. Stops will include the Three Point Veterans Memorial; Veterans Memorial near Turkey Hill; and end on Center Street in front of the Nesquehoning VFW. A ceremony will then take place at the station.
• Tamaqua Annual Memorial Day Parade, hosted by the American Legion CH Berry Post 173, May 30 at 10:00 am. The staging will begin at 9 a.m. from the old Maff Motors building on East Broad Street. Memorial service at Odd Fellows Cemetery after the parade and at American Legion Post 173 after the service.
• Lansford American Legion Post 123 will conduct its annual Memorial Day program Monday at the Veterans Monument located in Kennedy Park beginning at 9 a.m. Retired Army 1st Sgt. Gregory Wright will be the guest speaker.
• Weatherly Memorial Day Parade, May 30.
• American Legion Post 927, Gilbert, is holding a Memorial Day service at 11:00 am May 30. It is open to the community.
• Northwestern Lehigh Veterans Memorial Dedication Ceremony, Monday at 11 am, Ontelaunee Park, 7344 Kings Highway, New Tripoli.