Living Faith Church
Faith Alive Church, 678 Pine St., Palmerton (Bowmanstown), holds two services each Sunday with Pastor Rob Timlin. At 8.30am is the contemporary service followed by Sunday school for all ages at 9.45am and then the traditional service at 11am. You can worship in person or in the parking lot by tuning the radio station to 104.3 FM or Facebook Live.
Every Wednesday at 7 p.m., it’s prayer and praise.
• On September 11, there are special services at 8:30 am, 9:45 am and 11 am called “Back to Church Sunday”. For details of morning events, see the church’s website.
• September 11 and 25 at 6 p.m., youth impact group for young people aged 12 to 12. All young people are welcome.
• September 12 at 7:00 pm is the church board meeting.
• September 15 is the deadline to register for the Fall Ladies Luncheon scheduled for October 1 from 10:30 am. There will be music by Gethsemane Ministries and speaker Dorene Shannon.
• September’s mission is at Samaritan’s Purse. It is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization that provides spiritual and physical aid to suffering people around the world. They help the victims of war, poverty, natural disasters and famine.
• ABC Food Pantry is our own pantry which is available for those who need it. Please contact the church office if you need assistance or would like to donate food or monetary donations to help replenish our supplies.
• Micah’s Backpack program is in its 11th year serving the needs of needy students in the Palmerton School District. Check the church website for the food list if you would like to donate to the wonderful mission.
For more information about Faith Alive, please visit the website or call the church office at 610-852-2805.
Jerusalem United Church of Christ, 545 Church Drive, Trachsville, holds Sunday worship in the Picnic Grove at 9 a.m. You can also stay in your vehicle in the parking lot and listen to the service on the 95.5 radio station or watch live on Facebook. The service is also displayed on the website after the end of the service.
The day of the rally will be celebrated on September 18. This includes the worship time change to 10 a.m. At the service, we will recognize the fly-ups of our children’s classes and ask our dedicated group of Sunday School teachers to bless their efforts over the next year.
Additionally, during the September 18 service, Pastor Marion will bless the children in the nursery, Sunday school, and families. Children are encouraged to bring their backpacks.
Holy Trinity Lutheran
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 502 Lafayette Ave., Palmerton, will hold Sunday services at 10:15 a.m. If you plan to attend, call the church office at 610-826-2525. If you can’t attend in person, you can register on Zoom. Communion will be served. Don’t forget to bring food for the CACPAC pantry.
Rehearsals for the choir begin Sept. 11 at 11:30 a.m. after the service. Bells will rehearse Sundays at 9 a.m. starting Oct. 2.
Sale of Persian donuts
The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Jerusalem, 500 Church Drive, Trachsville, (located off Route 209 behind Towamensing Fire Co.) is holding a Persian donut sale and all orders are due by 9/11. Pick up donuts at the church Sept. 22 from 9/11 a.m. To order, call 610-681-5200 (church office), 610-681-5020, or 610-681-5403.
Social Fall Basket
The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Jerusalem, Trachsville, will also be hosting a social basket on October 1 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. They will have thematic baskets, a raffle and a bake sale. $25 will be hidden in three baskets.
Food items will be available for purchase, including barbecues, homemade soups, garnishes, and more.
Palmerton Library Children’s Activities
Story time on Fridays at 10:30 a.m. in the children’s room from September 9.
Library “Shell” Adopt a reading buddy shell at the library this month. Each shell has a special name. Stop by the “seashell” to take one home and read it every day.
Palmerton Library Teen Activities
Mural Hunt: Can you identify the book that accompanies each image and symbol on the basement stairwell mural? Each symbol represents a book or series of books in the teen collection.
Come and test your knowledge and take part in the draw for a pair of wireless headphones. The wall challenges are the week of September 12. Stop by reception for a clue sheet.
The drawing is September 19.
Apple and Autumn Festival
Jerusalem United Church of Christ, 545 Church Drive, Trachsville, will hold its Apple & Fall Festival on October 1 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Picnic Grove. Music by Dean Hahn and the Hawks will be from noon to 3 p.m. There will also be Tricky Tray and Meat Raffle drawings at 3 p.m.
Homemade meals including apple dumplings, cobblers, fun cakes, apple or regular sausage sandwiches, soup, barbecue, hot dogs, mac and cheese and ice cream will be available for purchase.
There will also be a cart with apples, apple cider, pumpkins and fall items.
Contact Lenora Robertson at 610-349-2436, email@example.com or 664 Delaware Ave., Palmerton, PA, 18071; or the Times News at 800-443-0377 or firstname.lastname@example.org.